Status and Details
This page contains information about the status, approval and implementation of this document, contact details for the relevant Unit Head and document author and, on the right, a brief summary of changes between this and the previous version.
On 26 February 2018 the Academic Board approved amendments to the Student Placement procedure effective for all study periods which commence on or after 5 March 2018. The amendments were promulgated on the Policy Library on 13 March 2018. The Procedure was amended as follows:
Student Placement procedure
13th March 2018
13th March 2020
26th February 2018
To Be Advised
Pro Vice-Chancellor Teaching and Learning
+61 3 92468303
Academic Governance and Standards
+61 3 92517411
Summary of Changes from Previous Version
- scope has been extended to be inclusive of all placements, including overseas placements and OneDeakin placements
- provision of additional information regarding the Student International Programs and Placement procedure for those students undertaking overseas placements
- clarification of the shared responsibility of the University and host organisation to ensure safety and security of the placement environment
- inclusion of reference to management of critical incidents pursuant to the University’s Critical Incident Management policy
- clarification of the process to follow when students fail to meet the University’s requirements in relation to student conduct or performance
- updated links to the new Student Academic Integrity procedure, and reference to the Student Academic Progress procedure, and the Student General Misconduct procedure.
On 26 February 2018 the Academic Board approved amendments to the Student Placement procedure effective for all study periods which commence on or after 5 March 2018. The amendments were promulgated on the Policy Library on 13 March 2018.
The Procedure was amended as follows: