Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
Note: As a result of the introduction of new University legislation on 1 January 2021 all documents in the Policy Library are currently under review. To the extent of any inconsistency between any documents in the Policy Library and the new legislation, the new legislation prevails.
Deakin University is committed to a policy framework that best reflects our value of inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse genders, sex and sexualities, people with disability, people of all ages and socio-economic status and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religions.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email email@example.com or phone 524 78534.
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Recognition of Prior Learning policyThis Policy governs the credit that can be granted towards a University course for prior or concurrent learning.
- Recognition of Prior Learning procedureThis Procedure governs credit recognition arrangements.
- Recruitment of Staff procedureThe Recruitment of Staff procedure details the process and roles of the Hiring Manager (HM) and Recruitment and Mobility Partners in recruiting and employing staff at the University, ensuring a transparent and fair approach to the University‚Äôs recruitment and selection processes.
- Registration of University-Owned Business Names and Domain Names policyThis outlines the University's policy in relation to registering University-owned business names and domain names.
- Registration of University-Owned Business Names and Domain Names procedureThe Procedure outlines the necessary steps for registering a University owned business or domain name.
- Remuneration procedureThe Remuneration procedure outlines the components of remuneration for staff and the processes and approvals that apply.
- Research Authorship procedureThis Procedure outlines the criteria for authorship and contributions to all research outputs and responsibilities of authors, in compliance with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (the Code) and the supporting NHMRC Authorship Guide.
- Research Conduct policyThe Research Conduct Policy describes research integrity standards of the University based on the provisions in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research 2018 (the Code).
- Research Conference Attendance (Academic Staff) procedureThis Procedure outlines the application and approval process for Academic staff seeking to attend research conferences.
- Research Data Management procedureThis Procedure sets out the process for the management of data or information created in the course of research for which the University has a curatorial responsibility for the required retention periods, and third-party data which may have originated from within the University or come from elsewhere.
- Research in Honours and Coursework Units procedureThis Procedure outlines the requirements for research conducted in Bachelor Honours Degrees and coursework units.
- Research Integrity Breaches procedureThis Procedure documents the processes that apply to handling allegations and instances of breaches to the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (the Code).
- Research Peer Review procedureThe Research Peer Review Procedure outlines the responsibilities of researchers to participate in peer review, including the responsibilities and best practice in conducting peer review, as outlined in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018 (the Code), and the supporting NHMRC Peer Review Guide.
- Research Publication and Dissemination procedureThe Research Publication and Dissemination Procedure outlines the requirements for responsible publication and dissemination of research conducted according to the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018 (the Code) and the supporting NHMRC and Universities Australia Publication and Dissemination of Research Guide.
- Research Repository procedureThis Procedure establishes the process for maintaining a system for the accurate and up-to-date recording of published research and scholarly outputs of staff and research students.
- Restricted Areas policyThis Procedure relates to the restriction of access to, and use of, parts of the University's premises in order to protect sensitive material, safeguard its property and reputation, and/or maintain the safety of staff, students and visitors.
- Reviews procedureThis Procedure relates to the initiation and conduct of a formal review by the University of an organisational area or area of activity for the purpose of quality assurance and improvement. It does not apply to evaluations conducted by the Internal Audit function or others as defined.
- Reward and Recognition policyThis Procedure relates to the recognition of staff for significant achievement and positive contribution to the achievement of the University's strategic, teaching and research goals.
- Risk Management policyThe Risk Management policy sets out how the University embeds effective risk management practices into its operations, activities and day to day decision making.