Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
Deakin University is committed to a policy framework that best reflects our value of inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse genders, sex and sexualities, people with disability, people of all ages and socio-economic status and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religions.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 524 78534.
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Leave and Public Holidays procedureThe Leave and Public Holidays procedure provides information on Deakin's leave and public holiday arrangements. This Procedure does not apply to casual professional or sessional academic staff, except where there is an express reference to casual professional or sessional academic staff entitlements.
- Leaving Deakin procedureThis Procedure outlines the administrative requirements associated with leaving their employment with the University in a range of circumstances.
- Legal Services policyThe Legal Services Policy outlines:
a. the role of the Office of General Counsel as the office responsible for legal compliance and the provision of legal services to the University; and
b. the role of General Counsel as responsible for communications with law enforcement agencies and external parties regarding the release of corporate information and records.
- Library Conditions of Use procedureThe Library Conditions of Use procedure governs the use of Library facilities and materials, the conduct of users and compliance with copyright and licence requirements governing the use of resources.
- Library Donations procedureThis procedure relates to the circumstances and criteria under which the Library will accept donations.
- Library policyThe Library Policy relates to the collection of, and access to, Library material that supports the teaching, learning and research activities of the University. It includes conditions of use of Library facilities and material.