Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
Deakin University is committed to a policy framework that best reflects our value of inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse genders, sex and sexualities, people with disability, people of all ages and socio-economic status and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religions.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email email@example.com or phone 524 78534.
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Health, Wellbeing and Safety policyThis Policy outlines the University's support and encouragement of a safe work culture and the provision and maintenance of an environment and work practices that are safe and without risks to health. It applies to staff, contractors, students and visitors.
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Academic Progress procedureThe Higher Degrees by Research Academic Progress Procedure outlines the requirements for academic progress for higher degree by research (HDR) students.
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Admission, Selection and Enrolment procedureThis Procedure sets out the minimum criteria and processes for admission, selection and enrolment of applicants into the University‚Äôs higher degrees by research (HDR) courses. It does not apply to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs or higher doctoral degrees.
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Assessment procedureThis Procedure outlines the assessment processes for higher degrees by research (HDR). It does not apply to masters or doctoral degrees by coursework or higher doctoral degrees.
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Partnership procedureThe Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Partnership procedure sets out the requirements for establishing and managing partnerships for the delivery of higher degrees by research (HDRs) between Deakin University and one or more partner institutions.
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) policyThis Policy outlines the principles and responsibilities of the University in offering higher degrees by research (HDR). It applies to candidates for HDR, their supervisors, faculties and University administrators.
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships procedureThis Procedure outlines the requirements for scholarships awarded according to the Research Training Program (RTP) and Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPRS).
- Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Supervision procedureThe Higher Degrees Supervision procedure outlines the processes involved for academic staff in the supervision of students for higher degrees by research (HDR) awards.
- Higher Doctorates procedureThe Higher Doctorates procedure outlines the process for the University in admitting, assessing and examining candidates for the award of Higher Doctorate.
- Higher Education Courses Approval and Review procedureThe Higher Education Courses Approval and Review Procedure applies to higher education award and non-award courses offered by the University and documents the higher education courses approval and review processes.
- Higher Education Courses policyThis Policy governs the design, development, approval and review of the University's higher education award and non-award courses and includes the Deakin Curriculum Framework and the Deakin Graduate Learning Outcomes.
- Honorary Appointments procedureThis Procedure documents the steps required to make an Honorary Appointment to the University.
- Honorary Degrees procedureThis Procedure documents the information to members of the University community on nominating persons for Honorary Degrees of the University.