Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
Note: As a result of the introduction of new University legislation on 1 January 2021 all documents in the Policy Library are currently under review. To the extent of any inconsistency between any documents in the Policy Library and the new legislation, the new legislation prevails.
Deakin University is committed to a policy framework that best reflects our value of inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse genders, sex and sexualities, people with disability, people of all ages and socio-economic status and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religions.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email email@example.com or phone 524 78534.
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Elections policyThe Elections policyexplains how the University conducts elections and sets down rules for proper conduct in campaigning.
- Emeritus Professors Appointment policyThe Emeritus Professors Appointment policy sets out the criteria and process for the appointment of Emeritus Professors.
- Employment of Staff policyThe Employment of Staff Policy outlines conditions for the employment of staff.
- Engaging External Lawyers procedureThe Engaging External Lawyers procedure sets out the process to be followed by the Office of the General Counsel in respect of the engagement of external lawyers on behalf of the University.
- English Language Proficiency procedureThe English Language Proficiency procedure sets out the minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission into the University's courses, and the evidence of achievement accepted by the University.
- Evaluation of Teaching and Units procedureThis Procedure outlines how the University obtains student feedback on teaching and learning within units using an approved student survey, consistent with the University's commitment to continuous quality improvement in teaching and learning.
- Event and Visitor Protocol procedureThis Procedure outlines the protocol to be adopted when an organisational unit wishes to propose the staging of a major event (as defined) or to extend an invitation on behalf of the University to a high-profile guest.
- Examinations procedureThis Procedure outlines the requirements and processes in the administration of examinations in undergraduate and postgraduate award courses (other than higher degrees by research). It applies to all staff administering examinations and students undertaking examinations.
- External Relationships policyThis policy defines the parameters by which the University may engage externally in relationships, partnerships or other arrangements with the aim of advancing its strategic endeavour. It applies to all partnerships entered into by the University with additional requirements for research contracts which are subject to the Research Contracts policy.
- Externally Funded Research Contracts procedureThis Procedure relates to all externally funded grants and consultancies for research purposes and outlines factors for consideration and action, including compliance with University policy and procedure, parameters of agreements, costing and pricing, indemnity, IP, reporting and accountability, revenue implications and clinical trials.