Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
Deakin University is committed to a policy framework that best reflects our value of inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse genders, sex and sexualities, people with disability, people of all ages and socio-economic status and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religions.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email email@example.com or phone 524 78534.
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Casual Staff Employment procedureThe Casual Staff Employment procedure outlines the process for recruiting and employing casual staff at the University.
- Child Protection in Australian Aid-Funded Research procedureThis Procedure applies to all staff, students and associates of the University engaged in Australian aid-funded (whether wholly or in part) research projects. It outlines processes to manage risks of child abuse and child exploitation during the conduct of the University's research activities.
- Child Safety and Child Abuse Response and Reporting procedureThe Child Safety and Child Abuse Response and Reporting procedure outlines the process that students, staff and associates are required to follow when they have concerns about the safety of a child.
- Child Safety policyThis Policy outlines the University's commitment to promoting the wellbeing and safety of children connected to the University community.
- Code of ConductThe Code of Conduct outlines the standards of responsible and ethical behaviour and conduct expected of all University staff and associates.
- Commercial Activities and Entities policyThe University may undertake commercial activities consistent with its strategic direction, relevant legislation and its objects or functions. This policy applies to commercial activities of the University including the establishment and operation of controlled entities and membership of, or participation in, associated entities.
- Commercial Activities and Entities procedureThis Procedure documents how to comply with the Commercial Activities and Entities policy so as to ensure that commercial activities and the establishment of entities comply with the University's statutory obligations.
- Community, Industry and Government Partnerships procedureThis Procedure relates to the development, approval, monitoring and review of community, industry and government partnerships (other than those specifically related to research matters) with other entities in Australia and overseas.
- Compliance Management policyThe Compliance Management policy sets out how the University fulfils compliance obligations relating to its operations and maintains a high awareness of compliance obligations among staff and associates.
- Conflict of Interest procedureThis Procedure sets out the processes for the staff to identify, declare, manage and report conflicts of interest.
- Contractors and Consultants procedureThis Procedure applies to all contracts for the supply of services to the University except contracts that also include the supply of goods where the value of the goods is greater than 80% of the total value of the contract.
- Contracts policyThis Policy sets out the principles which apply to University Contracts.
- Contracts procedureThis Procedure documents the steps which must be followed when entering into University Contracts qand applies to all staff and all contracts entered into by the University.
- Copyright policyThis policy ensures that the University is compliant with its obligations under copyright law and also that its copyright entitlements are protected. It applies to all staff, students and associates of the University.
- Copyright procedureThis procedure documents how to comply with Copyright policy and places the onus on the staff member to be aware of these requirements prior to using copyright materials.
- Corporate Mobile Communication Devices procedureThis Procedure outlines the circumstances and terms under which a corporate mobile phone may be available to a staff member.
- Course Design and Delivery procedureThis Procedure sets out the processes that apply to the development, approval and delivery of courses.
- Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Prizes procedureThe University may establish awards (scholarships, bursaries and prizes) that recognise academic excellence, outstanding achievement and/or access and equity from a range of resources. This procedure applies to all such awards except higher degree by research scholarships offered by Deakin Research.
- Credit Card policyThis Policy sets out the responsibilities of University credit card holders and steps for the acceptable use of University credit cards by staff.
- Critical Incident Management policyThis Policy outlines how the University will manage any critical incident, whether on or off-shore, that has an impact on the Deakin community or University activities.
- Critical Incident Management procedureThis Procedure outlines University processes for effectively managing critical incidents.