Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email email@example.com or phone 524 79350
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Casual Staff Employment procedureThe Procedure covers a comprehensive range of matters to do with casual employment including recruitment, engagement, induction, submitting timesheets, variation etc.
- Child Protection in Australian Aid-Funded Research procedureThis Procedure applies to all staff, students and associates of the University engaged in Australian aid-funded (whether wholly or in part) research projects. It outlines processes to manage risks of child abuse and child exploitation during the conduct of the University's research activities.
- Code of ConductThis policy outlines the standards of responsible and ethical behaviour and conduct expected of all University staff and associates.
- Commercial Activities and Entities policyThe University may undertake commercial activities consistent with its strategic direction, relevant legislation and its objects or functions. This policy applies to commercial activities of the University including the establishment and operation of controlled entities and membership of, or participation in, associated entities.
- Commercial Activities and Entities procedureThis Procedure documents how to comply with the Commercial Activities and Entities policy so as to ensure that commercial activities and the establishment of entities comply with the University's statutory obligations.
- Community, Industry and Government Partnerships procedureThis Procedure relates to the development, approval, monitoring and review of community, industry and government partnerships (other than those specifically related to research matters) with other entities in Australia and overseas.
- Compliance Management procedureThis Procedure outlines the requirements for recording, prioritising and monitoring the University's compliance obligations as part of an integrated risk-based compliance approach to effective corporate governance. It must be read in association with the Breach Management Procedure.
- Conflict of Interest procedureThis Procedure assists staff with the identification, disclosure and management of conflicts of interest that may arise during employment, including those arising from committee or related responsibilities.
- Contractors and Consultants procedureThis Procedure applies to all contracts for the supply of services to the University except contracts that also include the supply of goods where the value of the goods is greater than 80% of the total value of the contract.
- Contracts policyThis policy sets out the rules for entering into contracts on behalf of the University.
- Copyright policyThis policy ensures that the University is compliant with its obligations under copyright law and also that its copyright entitlements are protected. It applies to all staff, students and associates of the University.
- Copyright procedureThis procedure documents how to comply with Copyright policy and places the onus on the staff member to be aware of these requirements prior to using copyright materials.
- Corporate Internet Access Using Commercial Networks procedureThis Procedure relates to the circumstances in which corporate internet access using a commercial network on non-University owned or leased premises (including staff members' private residences) may be available.
- Corporate Mobile Communication Devices procedureThis Procedure outlines the circumstances and terms under which a corporate mobile phone may be available to a staff member.
- Course Design and Delivery procedureTo set out the procedures that apply to the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework.
- Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Prizes procedureThe University may establish awards (scholarships, bursaries and prizes) that recognise academic excellence, outstanding achievement and/or access and equity from a range of resources. This procedure applies to all such awards except higher degree by research scholarships offered by Deakin Research.
- Credit Card policyThis Policy outlines requirements that apply to all University credit card expenditure, including grant-related expenditure throughout the University.
- Credit Card procedureThe Procedure outlines conditions of use and acquittal requirements that apply to University credit card expenditure.
- Credit For Learning policyThis Policy governs the credit that can be granted towards a University course for prior or concurrent learning.
- Credit For Learning procedureThis Procedure governs credit recognition arrangements.
- Critical Incident Management policyThis Policy outlines how the University will manage any critical incident, whether on or off-shore, that has an impact on the Deakin community or University activities.
- Critical Incident Management procedureThis Procedure outlines University processes for effectively managing critical incidents.