Welcome to Deakin's Policy Library
Here you will find the University's approved policies and procedures.
Deakin University is committed to a policy framework that best reflects our value of inclusion and provides a safe and supportive environment for all staff and students. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse genders, sex and sexualities, people with disability, people of all ages and socio-economic status and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and religions.
View A - Z: View all policies and procedures in alphabetical order, by title.
Search: Search for a policy or procedure in the database.
Can't find what you're looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 524 78534.
Information about processes for developing and writing policies and procedures can be found here.
- Bequests procedureThe Bequests procedure outlines the process for effectively managing bequests and prospective bequests to the University.
- Biosafety and Biosecurity procedureThe procedure sets out Deakinâ€™s commitment and responsibilities to comply with the Gene Technology Act 2000 (Cth), Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic), Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth), Livestock Disease Control Act 1994 (Vic), Plant Biosecurity Act 2021 (Vic) and National Health Security Act 2007 (Cth) which regulate the safe handling and containment of hazardous biological materials.
- Business Assets Management policy and procedureThe Business Assets Management Policy and Procedure outlines how the University procures, manages, documents and controls its Business Assets. It applies across the University.
- Business Continuity policyThis Policy outlines the guiding principles under which business continuity is to be developed, implemented and managed to enable the University to establish and maintain an effective level of preparedness to respond to incidents that disrupt normal operations.
- Business Continuity procedureThis Procedure explains how to comply with the Business Continuity policy.
- Business Expenses policyThis Policy promotes the proper stewardship of University funds by setting out the requirements that are applicable to staff, associates and students for incurring Business Expenses.